Join this project!¶
Interested in building a video index system? Interested in running one? Then you should be interested in contributing to this project!
- Issue tracker:
Documentation is in the docs/ directory including docs for installing, upgrading, deploying, contributing, ...
- IRC channel:
richard on irc.freenode.net
I’m in Eastern Time (UTC -4 or UTC -5) and usually am on during the week during daylight hours.
I’d love to have help! Here are things I need help with:
- verifying correctness of the existing documentation
- fixing typos and errors in the documentation
- fixing TODO items in the documentation
- fixing flow issues – if you’re trying to get something done, are the important bits in the same place?
- fixing missing documentation – are there important things that aren’t covered?
- removing documentation – are there things that are complex enough that we should change richard so we don’t have to explain those things?
- make the default site look better
- fix pages so they work well on desktop browsers and mobile browsers
- correct egregious errors which are probably due to misunderstandings of how Django and other components work
- working on issues (bugs and new features) listed in the issue tracker at https://github.com/pyvideo/richard/issues
- fixing TODO items in the code
- write tests – there’s test infrastructure, but very few tests
- test richard – there are likely issues I haven’t discovered, yet
- test richard on browsers other than Firefox nightly – I use Firefox nightly and haven’t looked at richard on anything else
- test richard on mobile devices – does it work well in tablets? does it work well on phones? what issues should get fixed?
- do you know other groups looking for video index software? tell them about richard, help them set up richard, ...
project infrastructure work
is there infrastructure missing in this project that would make it easier for you to contribute? if so, what?
is there infrastructure missing in this project that would make it easier to set up on PaaS systems or other systems? if so, what?
“Gah! That’s a huge list! It’s too daunting!” That’s ok! Hop on IRC and say hi and we can go from there!