Join this project!¶
Interested in building a video index system? Interested in running one? Then you should be interested in contributing to this project!
I’d love to have help! Here are things I need help with:
- documentation work
- verifying correctness of the existing documentation
- fixing errors in the documentation
- fixing TODO items in the documentation
- styling work
- make the default site look better
- code work
- correct egregious errors which are probably due to misunderstandings of how Django and other components work
- working on issues in the issue tracker
- fixing TODO items in the code
- testing work
- write tests—there’s test infrastructure, but no tests, yet which is totally lame
- test richard—there are no tests, so it’s likely there are issues
- test richard on browsers other than Firefox nightly—I use Firefox nightly and haven’t looked at richard on anything else
- test richard on mobile devices—does it work well in tablets? does it work well on phones? what hardware does it not work well on?
- community work
- do you know other groups looking for video index software? tell them about richard.
- project infrastructure work
- is there infrastructure missing in this project that would make it easier for you to collaborate? if so, what?
“Gah! That’s a huge list! It’s too daunting!” That’s ok! Hop on IRC and say hi and we can go from there!